Job Title: Trade Shows & Marketing Coordinator
Location: Nelsonville, OH
Enhance the Company’s visibility and favorable image by maintaining strong relationships with event vendors and related media partners while working with the management, marketing and sales teams to develop and implement the tradeshow/events plan on strategy, on time, and on budget. Work with the marketing team to effectively manage the PO process by creating requested POs, operating within the established approval procedures. Log all POs created, by brand and category, and provide all supporting documentation to accounting, credit, and related parties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinate tradeshow and event platforms, related graphics and promotional activities to support the Company’s mission and strategy.
- Assure that event presence supports the overall Marketing strategy and goals.
- Enhance tradeshow properties, updating with new technologies and innovation.
- Identify opportunities, sponsorships, promotions for marketing and sales.
- Interface with all departments to optimize event and associated campaign’s effectiveness.
- Manage all tradeshows and tradeshow-related events, including executing show-related paperwork and management activities that are necessary to secure space and all booth/exhibit items per each exhibit plan; assist with other events as requested.
- Develop show/event strategies, reflective of sales and marketing goals.
- Manage trade show budgets.
- Negotiate event discounts/ advantages on behalf of the Company; identify cost-savings.
- Manage show/event vendor relationships with hotels, convention centers, exhibit houses, labor, and organizations.
- Manage promotional campaigns and items related to trade shows and events.
- Ensure timely execution and production of key deliverables (including tradeshow communications and support materials.
- Work with the Company’s organizational and media partners with respect to relevant events.
- Serve as Project Manager for cross-alliance events and co-opted exhibits as needed.
- Create POs requested by approved requestors, ensure that all supporting documentation is provided, and follow-through with approved signors based on accounting approvals.
- Log all approved POs by brand, category, and month(s) for tracking purposes.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or six (6) years of management in events/tradeshows, public relations and marketing or combination of educations and experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
- Intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Office Suite and advanced level using Excel.
- Excellent communications, organizational and interpersonal skills; and strong analytical ability.
- Creative thinker and fast learner, ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Ability to effectively translate Company objectives into creative show/event platforms.
- Ability to manage external vendors in order to maximize productivity of department.
- Ability to effectively communicate company messages across all markets.
- Excellent knowledge of show/event environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential tasks, with total discretion.
- Flexible, ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to travel overnights one to two times a year to manage event venues.
An EEO / AA Employer – M/F/vets/disability
Rocky Brands, Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with Federal, State and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment. This company desires to keep a work environment free of sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical and mental disability, marital status, age and any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities seeking reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 740-753-9100 extension 2607. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.